Thursday, June 11, 2009

$3 Dinner - Sizzling Turkey Burger

Today's $3 dinner is turkey burgers. Last weekend, first time in my life, I made turkey burgers. I wrapped each with food wrap and put them in the freezer. This morning, I took three burgers out before leaving for work, and when I came home in the afternoon, they were well thawed and ready to be cooked. When cooked, they are much more tender than beef burger and also more healthful.

Ingredients

Ground turkey meat
Garlic (powder or fresh ones crushed)
Salt
Pepper
Flour (a few table spoons - it acts as glue and keeps the patties from breaking apart)
Yellow onion
Other vegetables you have (I added leftover chive & hot pepper)

Directions

1. Mix meat, garlic, salt, pepper, flour in a bowl
2. Add ground (or thinly chopped) yellow onion and hot pepper to the above mixture
3.If you have chive or cilantro, chop them and add to the mixture
4.Form the mixture into patties; wrap each with food wrap; freeze


TAPO