Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I am back!

Ta-da(h)! Baby girl Elisha Bae Lee was born on June 4, 2010, and after three months of rigorous Korean style postpartum care, I am back to my blog. Five days at the hospital, three and a half weeks at a postpartum care center, and two months at home under my mom's supervision - that's how I spent the past three months. If you are not familiar with Korean style postpartum care, it simply consists of eating gallons of seaweed soup, lots of sweating, no cold food, drink or shower, and lots of sleep. I know it sounds pretty barbaric, but I didn't take a shower or brush my teeth for 8 days! Postpartum care center is like a retreat center for new moms and babies.

One good thing about living in Korea is that health care costs much less than the USA, and also it's much easier to see a doctor in Korea. With CJ's new job, we are paying about $5,000 a year for BCBS health insuracne plan for our family of three. So far, this year, we spent about $6,000 for health and dental care and BCBS reimbursed most of it. Oh, another good thing about Korean health care system is that their billing system is SOOOO much simpler and easier to deciper than the one in USA. Well, I will save discussing about different health care systems for a later posting.

Anyways, I am glad to be back!