Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Classical Music Appreciation for Homeschool

     I haven't really learned anything about classical music, and I really had no clue how to introduce classical music to Elisha. I would turn on classical music station on a radio, but Elisha didn't seem to be very interested in it. Before starting piano and violin lessons, I wanted her to be 'drawn' to classical music.
     After a long search, I found Classical Kids CD Collection. It introduces classical music weaved into fun, engaging stories and that is exactly what Elisha needed. This girl who spends every minute of her alone time listening to audio books just fell in love with these CDs. Listening to Vivaldi, Elisha was persuaded to learn how to play violin. Listening to Mozart, she became interested in opera.
     It's been over a year since we first got the CDs, and even now we enjoy listening to them. Without twisting her arms nor stretching myself too thin, classical music entered into our home so very naturally.

Everyday is a Miracle