Thursday, May 23, 2019

EXODUS

In about 2 weeks, our family will be leaving Egypt and head back to U.S. Two years flew by so fast and I am struggling to wrap up our lives here without so much emotions churning in me.

During the past two years here in Egypt, CJ passed PMP (Project Management Professional Certification), completed the last course of facilities management, and completed Air Force Staff College.

Elisha got to experience a traditional school for a year. CJ and I wanted to give Elisha a chance to see for herself what school life is like, so that, down the road, she won't have any resentment or regrets about not being given the opportunity to explore the other option. Early on during the one-year journey, Elisha decided she prefers homeschooling and she hasn't changed her mind since then. So here we are preparing to go back to homeschool.

For me, I completed the doctoral program for Audiology through University of Florida. I am still not sure how God is going to intervene to use or not to use this degree, but, regardless, I am preparing to get Texas State license for audiology. Whatever lies ahead, I don't want to have any regrets of not doing my best.

Despite all the accomplishments and wonderful experiences we have had in Egypt, the best thing we have experienced is God's protection over us. Last Summer, on the 4th of July, little Deborah had a seizure which was followed by a cardiac arrest. Thankfully, she came out of it without any damage, but I still have a hard time talking about it without my body getting tense.

Yes, it sure feels great to have this Exodus with so much gains, but in the face of that experience of almost losing my child, all those glories fade. Everyday here on earth is a miracle and I live with that realization even more so now.